Friday, July 10, 2015

Untitled

Its 4.19 am and its raining here in Kolkata. It has been so since last evening. Rain has a curious way to play with your emotions; and in this case I have been continuously and repeatedly drawn into how exactly my life shall change in less than half a month from now.

My recent achievements include being a topper in our undergraduate thesis (which is why I took a sabbatical from blogging !), passing my five year long Bachelor of Architecture course with first class and honours, getting a decent job offer from a company slightly related to architecture, and also getting an opportunity to continue my studies by joining the prestigious Masters of Urban Design program at School of Planning and Architecture, Delhi. But if you count falling in love as an achievement then of course put it on top of the list!

Yes. I am moving to Delhi.

Classes to begin shortly.

In my mind I have always been Robinson Crusoe. Alexander Supertramp has always been none other than me. But honestly and frankly as always, I am a bit hung up with the fact that finally I'll be leaving Kolkata, my home city. It is not that I am a kolkata freak or something. There are many people who are obsessed with the history of Kolkata and there are boasting south-kolkatans who say they know north-kolkata like the palm of their hand and of course knowing south-kolkata is not something really remarkable and blah blah... but I just simply love kolkata. And if you ask me, even as a future student of Urban Design I don't know kolkata as much as I should. And I don't regret that because I love this city, and part of the love lies in not knowing it fully, but in just discovering it everyday.

But you must be asking that are you more worried about your city rather than your new girlfriend or your family?

I would say yes. Because today in the age of this overdone super connectivity we can talk with people almost whenever we want to. But how do we keep in touch with a city by not visiting it everyday? How do I soak into the cacophony of the auto rickshaws and the buses? How do I experience the smell of chicken roll and rain soaked t-shirts ?That is not possible yet. And hence, yes, I'm more worried about Kolkata.

Probably that's all for today. Good to be back here. It was probably a good idea not to delete the blog during this hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write a Comment